The Fundamentals of Hospitality Management Program focuses on developing high potential staff who have recently moved into leadership roles or aspire to become leaders. The program provides a structured three-day development program in the areas of leadership, communication, and conflict resolution.
DAY ONE: Foundations of Leadership:
- Identify their leadership style;
- Create productivity and build morale;
- Learn what effective leadership is and is not;
- Develop a personal action plan to improve their leadership skills.
DAY TWO: Effective Communication:
- Understand how to effectively communicate as a supervisor;
- Learn to communicate with tact and diplomacy;
- Explore tools to help you set and communicate performance expectations;
- Gain techniques for giving constructive feedback without deflating moral;
- Be able to manage and encourage collective collaboration.
DAY THREE: Learn how to confidently handle conflicts:
- Understand how to motivate their staff;
- Avoid the problems that come with supervising friends;
- Learn how to manage conflict situations pro-actively;
- Build confidence in holding difficult conversations.
Workshop Dates and Times:
- Tuesday, October 12, 2021
- Tuesday, October 26, 2021
- Tuesday, November 9, 2021
- All dates will run 9 am – 3 pm. There will be a break for lunch. Lunch is on own.
Granite State College, Event Center
Please note: The cost to attend is $299 for all three sessions. All classes must be attended to receive a Certificate of Participation. Refunds and make-up dates are not available for classes missed.
To register: Fundamentals of Hospitality Management
For more information, contact: Amie Pariseau at firstname.lastname@example.org