If you are an HR professional, then you are in the business of managing all matters related to employees. It’s one of the most important jobs to any organization and must be done correctly for success. Whether you are a new HR professional or more seasoned, this series will keep you on the right path!
The topics apply to virtually any industry. Our Employment Law Management Series includes four sessions:
Thursday, October 21, 8:00 a.m – 4:30 p.m
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Hiring and Firing, 8:00 – 10:00 a.m.
- Employee or Independent Contractor – Avoiding Misclassification, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Top Labor Law Violations – Are You in Compliance?, 12:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Drugs at Work, 2:30 p.m – 4:30 p.m
$300 for all four Employment Law HR Series classes, or $85 per class
Partner Discount*: $265 for all four classes, or $75 per class
ABC NH/VT Member Discount: $200 for all classes, or $65 per class
* Partner Discounts: NAWIC, SPI, NHHBA, NSCNNE
The Do’s and Don’ts of Hiring and Firing
This session is a great refresher for anyone involved in hiring and covers the following topics:
- Appropriate interview questions
- Background checks
- Pre-employment medical and drug testing
- How to document appropriately
Employee or Independent Contractor – Avoiding Misclassification
Employee or independent contractor – that is the question. Join us as we discuss the complex landscape of employee classification. During this session, you will learn:
- Strategies for properly categorizing your workforce as employees or independent contractors
- Ramifications of improper classification
- Strategies for managing independent contractors
Top Labor Law Violations – Are You in Compliance?
This session is a great way to protect your company by ensuring you are in compliance with New Hampshire labor law. The session covers the top 10 violations cited by the NH Department of Labor (DOL), including:
- Pay practices
- Employment of youth
- Classification of employees (independent contractor v. employee)
- Employment of undocumented workers
Drugs at Work
Creating a drug-free workplace that is safe, healthy, and productive is every company’s goal. Unfortunately, many companies are struggling with issues related to employee drug and alcohol use and abuse. Join us as we discuss strategies to create and manage a drug-free workplace. This session covers several topics, including:
- Developing and implementing testing policies and procedures
- Handling employee performance issues
- Disciplining employees based on their drug and/or alcohol use
- Marijuana in the workplace