Let’s Build New Hampshire!
Commercial and residential construction is trending upward in New Hampshire. However, many industry professionals are worried about an aging workforce and challenges finding new candidates with the right skills and training. To keep the trend moving in the right direction, experts say the construction industry will need new approaches to workforce training, like SPI, to fuel market growth.
I Build New Hampshire provides educational resources for job seekers. We also provide workforce development resources to construction industry employers. Stay connected with hiring trends in New Hampshire with #IBuildNH.
Job Seeker Resources
Industry Videos created by NH Public Broadcasting
Resources for Construction Employers
Meet the construction sector champions
With deep expertise in the construction industry, these individuals are committed to uniting workforce training resources. These construction business leaders support the construction sector advisor, who then help companies identify common challenges, exploring training options, and securing funding to offset the cost of customized workforce development training programs.
Vice President of Construction
Alex Phelps Bio
Executive Vice President
Methuen Construction Company
Wayne Symonds Bio
Expert matchmakers at your fingertips
Drawing from the $1 million available for existing and new workforce training programs, the NH SPI team will map your needs with state and federal funding and training resources to create a flexible, convenient, consistent, solution – all at no cost to your company. If you have identified needs that your current training process is unable to meet, or you need your existing team to learn a new skill, NH SPI can help.
The team of experienced construction industry analysts and workforce development professionals involved with NH SPI understand the funding and resources available to create and support training programs for your industry. They’re charged with finding the combination that will work for your employees, your industry, and for your company.
State and local NH construction funding and incentive sources
- NH Department of Education: English Language Learner Training for Employers
- Office of Workforce Opportunity: NH Job Training Fund
- NH Charitable Foundation: The Medallion Fund
- NH Employment Security: Return to Work Program
- Community College System of NH: WorkReadyNH Program
- NHWorks: On The Job Training Program
- Community College System of NH: ApprenticeshipNH Program
- NH Community Development Finance Authority: Block Grant Program
- MY TURN Inc.
Federal SPI construction sector funding and incentive sources
- Department of Labor Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA) Youth Funds
- Department of Labor National Dislocated Worker Grants
- Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD) Community Development Block Grant
- Department of Labor Apprenticeship Program