Supporting 67,218 workers across approximately 1,950 businesses, manufacturing is one of New Hampshire’s largest industries – behind only retail, health care, and government – and is one of its major economic drivers. It is also poised to grow: small and large companies throughout the state indicate that they are ready to expand, contingent upon their ability to fill key positions. Companies considering a move to New Hampshire will also require a qualified workforce large enough to fill the jobs they bring.
Meet the manufacturing sector champions
With deep expertise in the manufacturing industry, these individuals are committed to uniting workforce training resources throughout the sector. They do this by helping companies identify common challenges, exploring training options, and securing funding to offset the cost of customized workforce development training programs. NH SPI sector champions and advisors support the manufacturing sector through mentorship, advising, and connecting ideas with resources. They will take the call and make the introduction. They are trusted by their peers to establish new partnerships and develop mutually-beneficial.
Co-owner and Chief Validation Officer
Adria Bagshaw Bio
Val Zanchuk Bio
SPI will help you fund your manufacturing training programs
If you have identified needs that your current training process is unable to meet, or you need your existing team to learn a new skill, NH SPI is a valuable resource for you. Leveraging connections with many existing workforce training programs, the NH SPI team will map your needs with state and federal funding and training resources to create a flexible, consistent plan.
Connecting the dots for the manufacturing industry
When the team of manufacturing and workforce development professionals at SPI looks for funding opportunities to offset the cost of your industry-led training program, they look to several state and federal funding sources. They understand the nuances of the funding and resources detailed below and make it easy to find the combination that works for your company.
State and local manufacturing funding and incentives
- Office of Workforce Opportunity: NH Job Training Fund
- Company benefits: tuition reimbursement (further information from individual companies)
- NH Department of Education: English Language Learner Training for Employers
- NH Charitable Foundation: The Medallion Fund
- NH Employment Security: Return to Work Program
- Community College System of NH: WorkReadyNH Program
- NHWorks: On The Job Training Program
- Community College System of NH: ApprenticeshipNH
- NH Community Development Finance Authority: Block Grant Program
- MY TURN Inc.
Federal SPI manufacturing sector funding and incentives
- U.S. Department of Labor Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA) Adult and Dislocated Worker Funds
- U.S. Department of Labor Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA) Youth Funds
- U.S. Department of Labor National Dislocated Worker Grants
- U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD) Community Development Block Grant
- US Department of Labor Apprenticeship Program